Monday 2 February 2015

Sellsy's Monday Supplement


Monday 2nd February
England must off performed badly in the Tri-Nations final against Australia if Ravi Bopara top scored, but surely it was a game they threw away, especially as Australia were four down with only 60 on the board.
Waking up early on Sunday morning I was encouraged to hear that Australia lost wickets early on in their innings, but when the fifth wicket partnership started to develop and get stronger my head returned to the pillow to catch up with much needed zzzz’s!
I awoke just in time to hear and then watch the start of England’s reply, very positive I thought, they didn’t lose a wicket for about three overs. But when Ian Bell was luckily caught by the Aussie keeper, followed by a clutter of wickets leaving England four down, I thought it was time to get up and walk the dogs.
Ok, positive notes, England beat India twice, Jimmy Anderson is just the best bowler in the world and Moeen Ali must be bowl 10 overs so England can drop Bopara and play a quality batsman or even call-up Ben Stokes, how many sixes in his 151 not out for the Lions?
With under a fortnight to go before England face Australia in their first match of the World Cup I still remain positive that they will win it and they will beat Australia in Melbourne. Plus Joe Root will catch out “racist” Warner and give him a send off which he richly deserves.
Anyway, set your alarm for 3.30am on Saturday 14th February for that match, I know I will certainly be awake for it, despite having skittles the night before, is there any point in going to bed?
Enough of England for a week or two, Over Stowey are starting to get ready for the new season. With a well earned break for the winter the club’s committee got back together last week to get ready for the new season and what a positive meeting that was.
I have all senior fixtures, including friendlies, all are now are on the club website. All the events for 2015 are also on the club website. But the biggest news is that the club are in the process of buying a bowling machine. I know that is what they used to call me, a bowling machine, but since age has crept up on me the club have decided to get a new one.
Joking aside here, this is a major investment for the club, along with a newly laid artificial strip, training will never be the same now at Over Stowey. Long gone will be they days when you have indoor nets and just whack the ball as hard as you can and say “shot!!!” No more ducking out of the way when balls fly about the place and no more fearing for your life when you bowl to Phil Rich, crikey he hits the ball hard.
Proper training and coaching, my god I think Stowey will be going places in 2015. The Dunster trip springs to mind!
Right, time for a snooze me thinks, got a stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment