Monday 26 January 2015

Sellsy's Monday Supplement


Monday 26th January
A much muted reaction from my post last week, the majority couldn’t really disagree with me, but they still think I’m mad putting a bet on England winning the World Cup. However we are all in agreement that Australia will not win it.
One thing I will point out is that I predicted that New Zealand will reach the final and by looking at their recent matches against Sri Lanka they are not a one man team as I said they were last week. They seem to bat a long way down and even Ross Taylor is finding some form.
With a series win against Sri Lanka (a side that hammered England before Christmas), New Zealand look a good outfit and will be very difficult to beat.
So England have a minimum of three matches to play before their first World Cup Match. India are next, followed by the West Indies and then Pakistan. There may be another fixture against Australia depending on the outcome of the game against India, but effectively three games to get the balance of the team right.
I am trying to avoid the name Ravi Bopara, but I just can’t help myself. What worth has he brought to the side in the recent Tri-Nations series, I will tell you: Batting at an average of 10, with a strike rate lower than a run every two balls; and as for his bowling, well let’s just say he hasn’t troubled the scorers in the wickets column, but going for eight an over. The choice is easy, perform or go to Sydney International.
I mentioned before I have a “cricket correspondent” out in Australia, well he is actually in Cambodia now, but hey, he was there for a while. Here are some of his updates from The Gabba, well in fact all of them:
28the Dec: Watching Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Stars The Big Bash T20. Awesome atmosphere and Freddie Flintoff is knocking ‘em all over the place.
4th Jan: Back at The Gabba watching Brisbane Heat v Adelaide Strikers and Rocketman drops in. (Elton John?).
11th Jan:  Back at The Gabba watching Freddie Flintoff trying to give Brisbane a half decent score, we are bottom of the league and the Sydney Sixers are gonna be hard to beat. Ha-ha who cares I’m pissed.
15th Jan: Last time at The Gabba watching Brisbane Heat v Hobart Hurricanes. We have finished bottom of the league but there is a good chance we could just win this one. Off to Cambodia on Sunday to get Templed right up.
Thanks Kev, hope to see you soon and will take you to a proper ground to watch a proper team when you come back to Blighty.
That’s it for now, come on England! Cider and Skittles time me thinks, a local derby tonight, bragging rights at stake to see who the best side in Stowey is.

No comments:

Post a Comment