Sunday 20 March 2011

World Cup 2011

Well, the 19th of March is a day I long to forget and remember both.

Nice to see the Aussies losing their control against the Pakistanis. Why didn't Ponting just walk, one of the biggest edges I've seen, admittedly Akmal was behind the stumps, so it was a surprise he caught it. But Ricky, you know you edged it, walk.

Tendulkar walked this morning, and the umpire wasn't going to give it, what great respect I have for The Master, but none for Ricky.

Anyway, England progress to the QF's, looks like against Sri Lanaka, unless the West Indies can pull off a surprise against India. So next Saturday is going to be another Super Saturday!!!!

Yesterday, not a good day for either Exeter City, losing to Yeovil or England Rugby.

Had my Yeovil mate in my ear all the way back from Exeter, great day with him though, like to look back on old times. One good thing though, I did out drink him!!! Must be the 5% Cotleigh I forced down his neck!

Rugby, well Ireland were the better side on the day, looked like they were playing for the Grand Slam, not England.

One thing I will say, in English sport, esp in Football, Rugby and Cricket, is the players seem to have this winning mentality, ie not knowing when they are defeated.

Oh well, hangover cure time

No comments:

Post a Comment