Monday 2 March 2015

Sellsy's Cricketing Thoughts


Monday 2nd March
Rory Hamilton-Brown announces his retirement from cricket – shame!
Geoffrey Boycott saying he is not criticising England on TMS, well, for me, it sounds like that you are criticising Geoffrey. He did say one good thing during England’s defeat against Sri Lanka: “Remember 1992 when Pakistan scraped through to knock-out stages and they went on to won it.”
Reading my blog from last week Geoffrey?
And it seems the local papers have been reading my blog from last week. I mentioned about Somerset’s Josh Davey being third in the leading wicket takers table and low and behold the next thing I see was a headline saying the same thing. Plagiarism!
Back to the serious business, two more wins and England will qualify for the knock-out stages of the world cup, providing there are no freak results or rain effected matches. Simples!!!!
Over the past week there have been two corkers of games to watch. Firstly New Zealand beating fierce rivals Australia by one wicket. At one point I thought Mitchell Starc would win it by himself for the Aussies, oh well, shame!
But the one for me was Afghanistan beating Scotland again by one wicket with only a few balls to spare. A game of poor quality but great excitement as the game ebbed and flowed one way then another. Scotland was millimetres away from winning as they narrowly missed a run out, next ball, four, and Afghanistan won.
Cue mass celebrations and hysteria in Kabul. I hear there were several people wounded by gun shots from AK47’s. Oh how the Afghans celebrate. A bit different here in England, I forgot how to celebrate an England win.
A long wait for England’s next game. Between now and then there will be a lot said, written discussed etc. Even driving in to work today there was the Kevin Pietersen debate going on. I still think Ben Stokes and Luke Wright should’ve been picked. But what do I know, who cares what I know, but what I do know is what I know and nobody knows that.
Confused? Well, it is time for skittles and a Thatchers or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment