Monday 17 March 2014

Sellsy's Monday Supplement

First some disturbing news, my Twitter account has seemed to hijacked by person or persons unknown, I have never heard of Nugraha Jalu Pratama, Pudrete Flanders or anyone whose name I can’t pronounce let alone read, and it seems that I am following them. Well, as from now I am not!

Ok, rant over. You may be (or may not) be aware that the ICC World Twenty 20 has started in Bangladesh, where England are looking to regain the trophy they won some four years ago. Yes four years when England won their first International piece of silverware; how long until the next one?
At the moment there is a host of First Round matched being played; two groups of four, with the top of each group going into the Super 10 stage, which includes England. Ireland is one of the sides who are playing on the Group stages and had earlier today won their first match against, arguably, their biggest threat by three wickets, winning off the last ball. Happy St Patrick’s Day!

They now face the UAE on Wednesday then the Netherlands on Friday, which is likely to be a winner-takes-all match if the Dutch win their opening two games. The group winners will then go in the same group as England in the Super 10 stage, and we don’t need reminding in what happened in the World Cup a couple of years ago when Kevin O’Brien thrashed England single handed. Oh well, something to look forward too I suppose.
England have been decimated with injuries, Stuart Broad, Joe Root and now Ben Stokes due to a hand injury when he punched a locker! Stokes, I believe, was sent home for disciplinary reasons when he was on tour with the England Lions back in January last year. Not a great start to his England career, but hey I have fait in him, he was the only bright light from the recent Ashes tour and I believe he will be one of England’s greats in years come.
Oh well, roll on Saturday when England take on New Zealand, Brendon McCullum and all that, but no Jessie Ryder!
That’s it for me this week, a bit under the weather at the moment, but hey, I am sure England will hep to improve my condition over the next few weeks, come on England!
5.27....time for a cider me thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment