Monday 4 February 2013

Sellsy's Monday Supplement


It was nice to see All Out Cricket magazine take my lead and do an article on New Zealand cricket, off course what I wrote last week has no influence on what was written in AOC, but it goes to show what a hot topic of conversation the fall out in NZ cricket is. 

Now I don’t know about you but I was quite enthralled by the latest England match on TV Sunday morning, but it wasn’t the blokes it was the English women. It looked like it was going to be a nail biter, but Katherine Brunt ripped through the lower middle order helping England to win by 30 runs. 

Earlier in the game captain Charlotte Edwards score a magnificent century, which saw her become the highest run-scorer in women’s one day internationals, congratulations to her. 

With this victory the group is wide open, with each of the four sides played two and won one each, so the game against the West Indies is some what crucial on Tuesday morning, ah good job I have a day off! Best of luck to Charlotte and her side, I will most definitely have one eye on the game. 

I looked up some of the ladies on Twitter, Charlotte Edwards was quite to find, and hence I decided to follow her, along with about 16,000 others. Sarah Taylor was a bit difficult, seeing that both Sarah and Taylor are quite common names, but when I found her to my surprise and delight I find out she is an avid Gooner, good for you Sarah. 

Katherine Brunt was quite interesting indeed as somehow I don’t think she is on Twitter as it looks like some poor girls in America is getting mixed with her, quite amusing, it reminds of the Ashes Twitter account which made the headlines back in 2011 when England hammered the Aussies. 

Anyway, that’s enough about that, 6.57, time for skittles and a pint or two of Thatchers!

No comments:

Post a Comment