Sunday 23 September 2012

Sellsy's Sunday Supplement


Danny Briggs, you are a legend, what was what he said, the World T20 is more important than his wedding. Good for you, cricket is just far more important! Just wonder what his future mother-in-law would say. I did notice that he is getting married in Taunton, I wonder where?
Anyway, England got off to a flyer in defence of their crown, beating the mighty Afghanistan by 116 runs. It could have been a lot more especially at one stage the Afghans were 26-8 chasing a mammoth 197 to win. England are now in to the Super 8’s, and hopefully this is where the tournament will start to get going properly.
Congratulations to Nick Compton with his England call up for the tour of India. I do hope things go well for you Nick, fully deserved especially after the summer you had, eclipsed every batsman by a distance.
Ok, this is now hard for me to do, I was wrong last week when I said England would pick Kevin Pietersen, good job, as Compo would of not got his call up. Also I said Panesar would be picked, however Samit Patel has been picked instead, why?
There were a few things I did get correct, one wicketkeeper and Jonny Bairstow as back-up, pus Eoin Morgan being recalled. One thing I am over the moon about is the non inclusion of Ravi Bopara and he is not even in the England Performance Programme squad which goes to India. So have we seen Rave in an England shirt for the last time, I do hope so.
That Performance squad shows the exciting talent coming through the counties, the likes of Matthew Coles of Kent, Roland-Jones of Middlesex, the afford mentioned Briggs and Somerset’s Jos Buttler and Craig Kieswetter.
On the subject of Somerset, many congratulation must go to Peter Trego for picking up the MVP award for the 2012 season, plus 50 wickets for the season, many congratulations. I do know you are a great favourite with a few people I know. But why wasn’t you picked for the Hong Long Sixes?
Now, shall I book up my ticket now for the Lord’s final for the CB40? Am not wanting to count my chickens, but have you seen who is in Somerset’s group for next season? Well, let me tell you: Unicorns, Glamorgan, Leicestershire, Yorkshire, Gloucestershire and Middlesex. Surely Somerset should get through their group, surely???
A question for Mr Sortwell of Over Stowey CC. Has the square been re-laid / scarified yet? I was in a village called Avebury yesterday, and wow, was they doing some work on their square yesterday. It was in the process of being completely re-laid, and the amount of people working on it just goes to show what a good working party can do. So Mr Sortwell, my questions still stands.
Ok, 10.57, time for a Thatchers, could be a long afternoon, England on at 3.00pm don’t forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment