Sunday 26 August 2012

Sellsy's Sunday Supplement


To say the Finals day was disappointing is an understatement, something we, as Somerset supporters, should be used too, but it hurts even more than last year, the year before, the year before that and so on. I am pretty sure it must hurt just as bad for the team.

So my track record at finals is now getting worse, 12 finals and I have only seen Somerset win twice. I am sure I am not the only supporter who has a similar record to me, but it hurts. What also hurts is the County Championship. Again it is going to be in touching distance, but out of clutches yet again.

So no doubt the inquests have already started on yesterday and I would expect this season, another nearly season. I know, as I have already spoken to a few friends about this season, it seems difficult to put your finger on any one reason.

I am not going to dwell on it, as I have faith in Marcus and the team. What a wonderful brand of cricket they give us, exciting, promising, nail-biting, breath taking, I think you know what I mean. I will still be first in the queue for my season ticket renewal, I will anticipate the release of the 2013 fixtures, write them in my diary and start to plan away trips.

But hey, still a few weeks to go for 2012, and their prospect in making life difficult for Warwickshire and Sussex in their quest for the County Championship.

On one last note, what great support Somerset had yesterday at Cardiff, still the best supported county by far and on the evidence yesterday, it showed.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great blog mate, and i really enjoy your articles.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete