Sunday 3 April 2011

Sellsy's Sunday Supplement

What a way to win the World Cup, MS Dhoni smashing the white thing into the crowd for a six, cue the celebrations of one billion people! If you went for an Indian meal last night, you may of got some free poppadoms in celebration!

Fair play to India, was probably the best side in the competition, at least we can say that we never lost to them, in fact we should of beaten them. When I say we, I do of course mean England!

The final was supposed to be about two of the greatest cricketers the planet has seen, Tendulkar and Murali, however neither contributed much to the match. Some might say Murali should of never played due to injury, however a half fit Murali will walk into any major team in the world (maybe even Over Stowey as well).

Having once met Murali, I can say what a nice guy he is, full of fun and laughter, and he can't stop talking about cricket. It was only by chance that when I was in Sydney (watching the Ashes), the Sri Lankans were also in the country getting ready for a ODI series against the Aussies.
I was in the same hotel as the cricketers, and they had just come back from training, I was propping up the bar, and I thought: get Murali's autograph. I asked him to sign a notepad, he went to sign it and there was no ink in my pen! He smiled and walked on.
The next evening, I was in the bar again, wondering if they would come through again, this time with a pen which worked. Luckily they did, he smiled at me, said something like "you have a pen that works now Englishman?" He gladly signed it with much laughter amongst the other players!

Well, that's it for another week, and the start of The County Championship is only just around the corner, come on The Set!.

10.57, time for a pint!

No comments:

Post a Comment